The Massry Family Children's Center at Albany Medical Center is the only one of its kind in northeastern New York and western New England. The family-friendly, 70,500-square-foot facility is located on Albany Med’s main campus and provides a safe and special environment where children and teenagers are tended to by experts in pediatric emergency medicine.
Features of the four-story Pediatric Emergency Department includes:
- Triage area to immediately assess the severity of the illness or injury.
- Fast-track unit for children and teens with less-serious conditions.
- Observation unit for stays up to 23 hours.
- Private rooms designed for the safety and comfort of children and parents.
- Airborne Infectious Isolation (AII) rooms.
- Full Trauma rooms with built-in X-Ray
The design received a LEED Silver Certified Rating.